The H-4 visa lets you go right to the U. S if you should be hitched to a H visa owner.
The H4 visa is granted to your reliant relatives of a name visa owner (partner and kids under 21 years) who would like to get in on the title visa holder in the usa.
Just how can We Get the H4 Visa?
You ought to just take the following actions whenever trying to get H4 visa:
You will need certainly to fill Form DS-160 on the web. When you begin your H4 visa application, you get the DS-160 barcode. You will need to keep consitently the barcode verification web web web page, printing it, and take it with you when you’ve got your interview.
Spend the H4 that is applicable visa
H4 visa fees are identical as other H type visas. Presently, the applying charge with this visa is $190. Pay the charge and save your self the receipt, because you will want it later on through your application procedures.
Schedule a visa meeting visit
As soon while you file the DS-160 type, schedule an meeting appointment using the U. S Embassy from where you will be trying to get the H4 visa. The earlier you schedule your meeting, the quicker will you complete the visa application that is wholeH4. Once you schedule your interview, you’re going to get a page of verification, that you simply need certainly to save your self for later.
Compile the H4 visa document file
You have to supply the documents that are following submit an application for the H4 visa:
- Filled DS-160 application form.
- Your legitimate passport with a minumum of one blank web page.
- Two United States visa photographs.
- Receipt demonstrating re re payment of $160 for the US visa that is nonimmigrant application.
- Photocopy for the main H visa owner visa.
- Photocopy of your spouse’s/parent’s I-129 kind, I-797 kind, as well as the Labor Certification Application (LCA).
- A duplicate of the spouse’s/parent’s passport with an obvious, identifiable picture.
- Your spouse’s/parent’s letter of work into the U.S.
- Copies of the spouse’s/parent’s letters of past work experience.
- Current pay stubs and taxation filing information, in case your spouse/parent has already been employed in the U.S.
- If you’re the kid associated with the H kind visa owner, submit the first birth certification.
- Marriage certificate. Because so many applicants make an effort to fake being hitched to one another, you need to demonstrate that you have actually married in accordance with your nation wedding that is’s or in the wedding registrar. You could do that through submitting this evidence:
- Wedding photographs where you and your spouse are demonstrably observed in the images and DVDs.
- Directory of wedding guests.
- Receipts for re payments of wedding costs.
- Booking receipts of the vacation or any other post-marriage trips.
- If hitched just during the wedding registrar, you have to have these:
- Copy of your finalized wedding registrar affidavit.
- Pictures of both you and your spouse signing the wedding certification.
- Images of the witnesses and whoever had been performing the ceremony.
Go to the visa meeting
You need to attend the visa interview after you’ve applied online and submitted your documents. The interviewers will try to determine whether your relationship with the H type visa holder is genuine during the interview. The interviewers will ask what you will do in the U. S and see whether you intend to engage in any illegal activities amongst common H4 visa interview questions will also be those relating to your intent for going to the U.S. Prepare for the meeting by plainly determining your grounds for going and stay willing to respond to questions regarding the parent or spouse. Your application and interview should determine whether you are awarded the H4 visa or otherwise not.
Get the visa
You can examine your visa status on the internet site for the U. S Embassy where you stand using by entering the application quantity. The Embassy will inform you after they process your H4 visa. You will need to go for the visa stamping procedures if you have been granted the H4 visa. The visa stamping could be the final action to help you finish one which just book your day at the U.S.
In the event that you and your spouse are of different nationalities if you are outside the U. S, you will need to submit your application for H4 Visa at the U. S Embassy where your spouse or parent has applied or in your home country. If you’re in the U. S, it is possible to submit your H4 visa application through the USCIS.
Take into account that having an H4 visa or any U. S visa kinds doesn’t guarantee entry into the U.S. That choice is as much as the slot of entry officers while the Department of Homeland protection. That it is safe to let you enter the U. S, you may do so if they determine.
H4 Visa Processing Time
The processing times when it comes to H4 visa will vary from nation to nation. As your H4 status is based on the status of this H kind visa owner which means that your partner or parent, it could simply take for as long as it can take to process their visa. If, for instance, your better half is obtaining A h-2a visa and you use together, your visa will require the same time to process as your spouse’s.
If you’re using individually however, the full time it can take to process the H4 visa may be up to the U. S Embassy therefore the workload they’ve.
Just how long Can I remain in the U. S by having an H4 Visa?
You will have to submit your spouse’s or parent’s I-797 form when you apply for the H4 visa. This kind states the times that the visa of one’s parent or spouse is legitimate. According to this, the U. S Embassy will even give you a visa with all the same legitimacy of one’s spouse’s or parent’s visa.
Therefore if your better half has a visa that is legitimate for three years, your H4 visa is likewise legitimate for 36 months. This is the amount of time as possible to remain in the U.S.
May I Expand my H4 Visa?
In the event the partner or parent applies for an expansion, then you’re also qualified to submit an application for an expansion for the H4 visa. This can be done by filing Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant reputation.
As well as this kind, you are going to need to additionally submit these documents that are supporting
- A duplicate of one’s most current kind I-94
- Your spouse’s or moms and dads most Form that is recent I-94
- Copies of the spouse’s or parent’s I-129 kind and form that is i-797 notice of approval
- Evidence of the H type visa to your relationship owner, like the wedding certificate for spouses and delivery certification for moms and dads
H4 Visa Interview Issues
You several questions when you attend the interview for an H4 Visa, the consular officer will ask. The meeting could be quite stressful for all, even though the concerns are very fundamental and easy. This is the reason the answers should be prepared by you ahead of time.
After you could find the concerns which can be frequently asked during an H4 Visa interview.